How many of you deal with a nagging burning pain in your skin, most notably on your scalp that radiates across you face? Is your hair falling out? That condition is called Trichodynia, also called burning scalp syndrome, and it’s characteristics are burning or itching of the scalp, scalp sensitivity, or a feeling of pain when one combs one’s hair. Trichodynia also has a close association with hair loss.
So you’ve tried everything and nothing works. Well, the secret to this is reducing Substance P naturally. But first, let’s discuss what is Substance P.
Substance P problems do not occur from moderate day to day stress. Extra substance P kicks in when stress is more intense. This could be an acute high level of emotional stress, physical pain, injury, an accident, fibromyalgia, PTSD, or ongoing stress of an energy-depleting emotional nature. Substance P is highly inflammatory by nature, a natural method of helping to deal with acute stress but problematic if stress is ongoing. Individuals with a history of such stress are more likely to experience Substance P issues later in life from the ongoing stress of day to day life, especially if such stress is energy-depleting and tends to be chronic.
Substance P involves symptoms in large nerves and nerve endings, especially at night when you lay down to sleep or while you are sleeping. How many of you deal with these following symptoms:
· Wrestles legs
· Painful feet
· Upset digestion
· Vaginal discomfort
· Chest-related symptoms (including funny pains that move around).
These symptoms are caused because your brain stem tries to discharge the buildup of Substance P down primary nerve structures so that it can cool off and you can go to sleep.
Substance P excess also manifests in skin and muscles. Your skin may itch in a generalized way, as Substance P is released out nerve endings (a problem that can happen during the day or at night). It sometimes feels like something is crawling around under your skin. In some cases individuals with too much Substance P are sensitive to physical touch meaning that touch is uncomfortable or even painful to a greater or lesser degree.
Now let’s get to the point you’ve all been waiting for. How to get rid of excess Substance P.
The following is a protocol to help you succeed in reducing excess levels of Substance P.
- Exercise – walking or any exercise with a repetitive motion. Swimming, cycling are few examples.
- Hobbies in which allows you to use repetitive movements of your hands.
- Stretching will help discharge Substance P from the nerve endings.
Nutrients to help remove excess Substance P
- Cayenne Capsules - All hot peppers contain a substance called capsaicin. When applied to tissues, capsaicin causes release of a chemical called Substance P. When hot peppers artificially release Substance P, they trick the nervous system into thinking that an injury has occurred. The result: a sensation of burning pain. When capsaicin is applied regularly to a part of the body, Substance P becomes depleted in that location. This is why individuals who consume a lot of hot peppers gradually build up a tolerance.
- Quercetin Capsules - Naturally helps to remove excessive Substance P from nerves. Take 1-2 at bed, or use during the day. Use 1-2,000mg twice daily.
- Carnosine - Carnosine is highly concentrated in the brain where it acts to protect brain cells. It works as part of your brain's antioxidant network as well as directly buffering brain cells from wear and tear. It helps reduce surplus histamine release in mast cells that may irritate your nerves. It also has rejuvenating effects on brain cells.
- Acetyl-l-Carnitine helps naturally discharge Substance P from the nerves. It is for memory and cognitive function. It promotes better cellular energy and supports the natural production of both serotonin and dopamine.
- Magnesium - Low magnesium enables excessive Substance P response. In other words, if you are cruising through life with a lack of magnesium – sort of stressed, sort of irritable, and then something traumatic happens (emotional or physical) or you simply have a period of high stress for an extended period of time, then you will be susceptible to these high demands pushing you body into a condition of substance P overload. That can be how one can get fibromyalgia or PTSD in the first place. Side note: did you know low magnesium can cause itching of the skin, the desire to use profanity (mostly Tourette’s) and unhealthy sexual obsession.
- Inositol – Substance P reduces the body ability to absorb an important nutrients called Inositol. Inositol improves neural function, balancing fat stores in the liver and preventing cholesterol buildup in the arteries.
- Theanine – this herbal compound derived from Green Tea will help reduce one’s stress and help them to maintain focus during the day. Safe for children and adults.
- Phosphatidylserine – This brain nutrient is excellent in reducing cortisol levels that keep you in the vicious cycle of chronic stress.
- Tryptophan – This amino acid will help the body to relax and sleep at night and reduce or eliminate the restless leg feeling that comes along with elevated levels of Substance P. Best taken with 50-100mg of Vitamin B6.
Things to Avoid
- Caffeine – Many people under stress tend to live on caffeine. This is a nerve irritant and it’s best to be avoided until you reduce your Substance P levels along with reducing your stress.
- Sugar – Many people also lean on eating too much sugar while under stress. Sugar is also an irritant to the nervous system. Use Stevia or Xylitol as a substitute.
There you have it, a decent beginning to reducing your high levels of Substance P and get you back to feeling better.